Maple Bacon Glazed Brussels Sprouts
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 6 servings
- 6 slices bacon, cooked (save grease)
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1-1-1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-1-1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In frypan over medium heat, cook bacon. Set aside on paper towel, leaving the bacon grease in the pan.
- Cook onion in bacon grease until translucent, a few minutes.
- Add halved Brussels sprouts and chopped bacon.
- Pour maple syrup and olive oil over mixture, stir until sprouts are evenly coated, and cook until lightly browned -- about 15 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.