Layered Beet Salad
Recipe type: Salad
Serves: 5 servings
- 5 cups spinach leaves
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds, unsalted
- 2 cups grapes tomatoes
- ⅓ cup each feta and goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup red onion, julienned
- 1 cup beet slices, cooked
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- Peel and cut beets into ½-inch wedges, place in a medium saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and boil until beets are fork tender (~35 mins).
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, layer half of the spinach, pumpkin seeds, grape tomatoes, feta and goat cheese, and onion. Add half the beets once cooked. Then repeat this layer..
- Toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and enjoy. Leftovers (if there are any!) are great for the following day.