If you’ve ever done your own fridge purge, you probably have a deeper understanding of just how many of our favourite dressings, condiments, and marinades contain substantial amounts of sugar and polyunsaturated oils – usually disguised under names such as soybean oil and canola oil, high fructose corn syrup, glucose-fructose, modified corn starch, xanthan gum.
Enter … homemade avocado dijon dressing! Enjoy this rich and tasty dressing on your favourite salads, sides, and poultry.
- ½ avocado pulp
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Blend all ingredients except olive oil, sea salt and pepper in a food processor.
- With food processor still running, slowly pour in olive oil. And I mean very slowly (2-3 mins).
- Mix in sea salt and pepper to taste.