I’m not sure if you’ve ever noticed, but when it comes to making informed food choices there is enough information out there to make your head spin.
- Should you follow the Atkins, Paleo, South Beach or Zone diet?
- Should you go gluten-free, keto, or buy everything organic? What about intermittent fasting or detoxing?
- Should you go high carb, low fat (HCLF) OR low carb, high fat (LCHF)?
When did eating become so complicated? How do we make sense of it all? Don’t you wish someone would make it simple and straightforward? [Read more…]
Do you have a kitchen gadget that you absolutely love?
I would go so far as to say that I COULDN’T LIVE WITHOUT my food processor.
Okay, maybe that’s a bit dramatic but here’s a true story. I’ve been known to take it with me on vacation! (Now that’s true love.)
It comes with all kinds of attachments for chopping, slicing, and grinding. It grates cheese and juliennes all kinds of vegetables. I even use it to make a little treat for my kids’ school lunches*.
Here are a few of my favourite recipes where a food processor is a total lifesaver.
I was inspired by a friend recently to consider a “what if” question for living a better life. It came to me immediately.
What if we craved the foods that help us thrive?
Instead of ice cream, chocolate and wine, what if we longed for loaded omelets, colourful salads and perfectly grilled meat, veggies and sweet potato? [Read more…]
- Low fat, calorie-restrictive diets don’t work.
- Eating whatever you want in moderation doesn’t work.
- Point systems don’t work.
- Sweating it out on cardio equipment doesn’t work.
Well the holiday season is officially upon us and I don’t know about you but at our house there are more treats than usual kicking around.
In today’s short video blog (78 seconds), I share a super effective hack for putting the brakes on holiday treat consumption. The best part is that it doesn’t involve deprivation, struggle or sacrifice! [Read more…]